The Data Analytics 2017 Summer Intern will be a fantastic opportunity for a student looking for the following:
This paid internship will provide a student enrolled in an accredited program the opportunity to work in a real-world, high-tech environment. The intern will participate with the team in:
- Performing detailed analysis to deliver insight and support analytics initiatives;
- Working closely with Predictive Analytics team and provide data analysis and support for modeling initiatives;
- Business data analysis;
- Data visualization and/or predictive modeling on one or more Voya business domains, such as end-customers, institutions, distribution, fraud, expenses, or web behaviors;
- Supporting in-flight analytics use case projects, data exploration to evaluate ideas for new analytics use case opportunities;
- Other ongoing data analytics work as needed.
Depending on the intern’s skills and time available, work may also include:
- Work with Hadoop on Voya’s Big Data Platform;
- Acquisition and assessment of publicly available data sources (e.g., data from the Federal Reserve, US Census, Data.gov, USPS, Zillow, etc).
Education and Experience:
Incoming juniors, seniors or graduate students:
- Pursuing an undergraduate/grad degree in Data Analytics, Mathematics or related business discipline;
- Minimum GPA of 3.5;
- Not afraid of learning, providing feedback and to be given feedback on performance;
- Detail oriented with good presentation skills;
- Analytical capabilities – being able to see things differently than others with substance and relevance;
- Available to work 40 hours/wk in the summer (10-12 Weeks);
- Must reside in commuting distance to the Voya location specified as will not be providing relocation support or temporary housing.