Can your organization be a Data Science for the Common Good (DS4CG) partner?
Here are some questions to consider:
- Is your organization a nonprofit or government agency?
- Do you have a large volume of data, or data from disparate sources?
- Do you lack the time or resources to make use of the data?
- Do you have a strategic question that can be addressed with data?
- Can you devote staff time to working with a student team over a 12-week summer session (on average 1-2 hours per week)?
If the answers to these questions is Yes, complete the project intake form via Google forms and we will be in touch with you shortly.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
How does it work?
- We work with you to define a problem that can be addressed with data science.
- We assign two or more DS4CG fellows to work on the problem over a 12-week summer session. Students are paid by UMass Amherst, work on-campus, and are supervised by UMass faculty and industry mentors.
- Weekly status calls or meetings are held for discussion and status reports.
- A final presentation is held, followed by transfer of deliverables.