Can your organization be a Data Science for the Common Good (DS4CG) partner?
Here are some questions to consider:
- Is your organization a nonprofit or government agency?
- Do you have a large volume of data, or data from disparate sources?
- Do you lack the time or resources to make use of the data?
- Do you have a strategic question that can be addressed with data?
- Can you devote staff time to working with a student team over a 12-week summer session (on average 1-2 hours per week)?
If the answers to these questions is Yes, contact us and we will be in touch with you shortly.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
How does it work?
- We work with you to define a problem that can be addressed with data science.
- We assign two or more DS4CG fellows to work on the problem over a 12-week summer session. Students are paid by UMass Amherst, work on-campus, and are supervised by UMass faculty and industry mentors.
- Weekly status calls or meetings are held for discussion and status reports.
- A final presentation is held, followed by transfer of deliverables.