Thank you for your interest in participating in the Center for Data Science (CDS) Career Mixer on Monday, November 5.
This event goes beyond a traditional career fair -- student participants present a poster to industry guests at a poster session. Following the poster session, industry representatives are stationed at tables where students can learn about job and internship openings. This is a great opportunity for you to meet talented data science students, learn about their research interests and experience, and recruit them to your company.
The Career Mixer is open to representatives from companies that are members of the CDS Industry Affiliates Program (IAP). If your company is not an IAP member, contact Jennifer Page to inquire about joining.
The more the merrier! There is no limit to the number of attendees from IAP companies. Please invite others in your organization who you think would be interested.
Each participant should register separately.
Any questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3:00 - 4:00 PM Industry Affiliates Program Board Meeting.
4:00 - 6:00 PM Student Poster Session
6:00 - 7:00 PM Industry Tables Session
7:00 - 7:30 PM Dessert and Networking
The evening features a standing dinner reception from 5:30 to 7:30 PM
Registration is required. Each participant should register separately.
Important Info for Industry Attendees
- Your company will be assigned a table in the main auditorium for your use during the Industry Tables session. Each table (5’ X 15”) will include two chairs as well as a tablecloth. We will provide a company banner at your table. Please send your company logo (high resolution) to email@example.com at your earliest convenience unless you notify us that you plan to provide your own banner. We are not able to guarantee a power supply or outlet. You may arrive as early as 2:00 P.M. to view and organize your table.
- You are invited to attend the Industry Affiliate Board meeting at 3:00 pm. This meeting will be held in Room 163C of the Campus Center, located two doors down from the main auditorium where the poster session will be held.
- The student poster session will run from 4:00 to 6:00 P.M. During this time, you will be free to explore posters and meet with Master’s and PhD students presenting their data science research and projects, as well as mingle with faculty from UMass and other area colleges.
- The Industry Tables session will take place from 6:00 to 7:00 P.M. During this time, students will be visiting your table to learn more about your company, its successes, challenges, and employment opportunities.
- Beverages and appetizers will be available starting at 4:00 P.M. Standing dinner will be available from 4:30 to 7:30 P.M.
- We will be distributing by e-mail a “resume book” containing profiles of the students presenting posters. This resource is intended to help you prioritize your time. On the day of the event, we will provide a directory that will make it easy for you to find any students whose profiles you flagged in advance.
- OPTIONAL: Please send us a 1-2 page flyer in advance, which we will distribute to the participating students. Such flyers can help companies introduce themselves to our students, summarize upcoming opportunities, and provide information that might help students tailor and focus their posters. Think of your flyer as a “spotlight on paper” which you can use to make a pitch and draw students to your table. Please send your company’s flyer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PARKING: Park in the Campus Center Parking Garage. Use “1 Campus Center Way” for your GPS. (Campus Center Way is accessed from Commonwealth Avenue.)
IMPORTANT: When you enter the parking garage, you will be issued a gate ticket. TAKE YOUR TICKET WITH YOU (do not leave it in your car). When you check in for the Career Mixer, you will be given a parking coupon. At the end of your visit, when you return to the parking garage, but before you return to your car, stop at a garage paystation. There you will enter your gate ticket for validation, and scan your parking coupon. Then return to your car. Your validated gate ticket will allow you to drive out of the garage.
After you park, exit the parking garage to the outdoors on the 3rd floor. Walk directly across (straight ahead) to the entrance to the Campus Center. After you enter the building, take the escalator ahead and on your left down to the Campus Center Auditorium. You can also access the Campus Center from the 2nd floor of the parking garage and follow signs to the auditorium.
NEW THIS YEAR! We have received feedback from some companies that they would like to be able to hold on-site interviews with promising candidates the day after the event. We have reserved several conference rooms for this purpose for November 6. If you would like to hold on-campus interviews on November 6, please contact email@example.com.